Sunday, February 18, 2018

Diabetes

Diabetes is a very frustrating and overwhelming disease. I was diagnosed on July 12th 2016 with type 2 diabetes. I now have my A1C down to 6.6 but when i was diagnosed my blood sugar was over 400. Every day since the insurance stopped paying for lantus, and made me go on basaglar, i start out the day around 200 for a blood sugar, i fight all day to get it down with novolog just to have it up again by morning. I watch every bite i take i exercise and i plan ahead. My late husband was a type 1 diabetic so i knew right away it was a serious disease and took it that way. I work hard to have a decent A1C level and its hard. The past 3 weeks are very frustrating due to that new insulin. The dosing is suppose to be the same from Lantus to Basaglar and its suppose to be almost the same med. Well i was on 13 units of lantus at night and then novolog with meals and my average fasting glucose was 120 to 150. i am now on 21 units of Basaglar and my average fasting glucose is 180 to 220. That is NOT the same dosing! Its like im not even taking it! It is so frustrating!









No comments:

Post a Comment