Saturday, February 17, 2018

A little more about me

I am 33 years old and have dealt with Severe Chronic Pain and Fibromyalgia since age 18 when i was in a car accident. It has been progressively getting worse as the years go on. Some days are worse than others and weather plays a big part on how my day will be as well as stress and anxiety and if i over do it the day before. I am learning how to deal better with it and learning to pace myself better. I have dealt with Major Depression since i was young and it got bad at age 15 and have had to be on medication for it since, i had a total nervous breakdown in December of 2016 which instead of letting it define me, I have been trying to use that experience to make me stronger and know what to watch out for more and know more when to ask for help before it gets to that point. In 2005 i was beaten and raped by a boyfriend and since then have had worse depression, severe PTSD, anxiety, panic attacks and more problems than ever with sleep. I have been trying to use it now to help others who have been in similar situations. I was also abused as a young child and working thru that as well. I have struggled with addiction for years and been in AA since i was 21. I currently have 5 years sober with no relapses, after having a 3 day relapse over Christmas in 2012 right after my husband passed. He had been in a tragic car accident almost 19 months before and went septic. In July 2016 i was diagnosed as diabetic and am insulin dependent taking shots 4 times a day currently. It has been a huge and stressful change but it is in a way made me healthier. I take my health much more seriously now and am trying harder than ever to lose weight. I deal with a lot of physical and mental health issues but i am trying to become a better stronger person because of it and use my experiences to help others. I am currently in the DBT (dialectical behavior therapy) Program and it has been a huge help to me! I am starting this blog to share with others and hopefully have others share the Day to day successes and issues that chronic pain and health issues bring. Hopefully more good than anything else! What you have been thru, what you have, does not define who you are, my pain is not who i am, my addiction to alcohol is not who i am and i am not my depression, these are just things i experience! I am a strong, loving, caring woman who just wants to help others!

No comments:

Post a Comment